The Group, which was founded on January 1, 2014, combines the experiences of two well-established and consolidated companies: Salini and Impregilo. A player with great technical and financial capacity, with considerable ambitions and an industrial culture; whose fundamental purpose was the objective of combining two companies with a strong international vocation, able to compete on par with leading global players.
It is operative in over 50 countries with roughly 34,400 employees and a turnover of about € 4.2 billion*, the Group is a pure player in the construction sector, focusing on complex and large civil engineering projects. Salini Impregilo is world leader for infrastructure projects in the water segment and a top player in the railway and metro segment.
Dams and hydroelectric plants, railways and subways, airports and highways, civil and industrial construction are the sectors in which the Group has been operating in for over 100 years. Salini Impregilo bases its activities on a strong passion for building, consolidated through the countless achievements at an international level. The Group is currently present in 5 continents with a backlog of € 32.4 billion*, across a vast range of sectors and geographical areas.
Main ongoing projects
- Australia, North Westrail Link, Sydney
- Denmark, Copenhagen Cityringen Metro
- Ethiopia, Gibe III Hydroelectric Project
- Ethiopia, Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Project
- Greece, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre, Athens
- Italy, Terzo Valico Ferroviario dei Giovi, Milan-Genoa High-Speed Railway Line
- Italy, Milan Metro, Line 4
- Kazakhstan, Almaty-Khorgos Motorway
- Panama, Extension of the Panama Canal
- Qatar, “Red Line North” Doha Metro System
- Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Underground, Line 3
- USA, New Gerald Desmond Bridge in Long Beach, California
- USA, San Francisco Metro Line, Central Subway Project
- USA, Lake Mead intake hydraulic tunnel, Las Vegas
- Austria, Section Tulfes-Pfons of the Brenner Base Tunnel
- Italy, Section Isarco River Underpass of the Brenner Base Tunnel
- Nigeria, Dualisation of the carriageway of the Suleja Minna road (Phase II)
- Peru, Concession contract of Line 2 and Ramal Av. Faucett-Gambetta of Lima’s
- Poland, Construction of the S7 Chęciny-Jędrzejów
- Poland, Design and realization of the S8 Expressway section from the “Marki” junction to the “Kobylka” junction
- Poland, Design and build S3 Expressway, Breslavia
- Slovakia, Section “Lietavská Lúčka-Višňové-Dubná Skala” of D1 Motorway
- Turkey, Cetin hydroelectric project
- Usa, Dugway Storage TunnelSalini Impregilo’s market potential (roads & highways, railways & metro, dams,
Salini Impregilo’s market potential (roads & highways, railways & metro, dams, hydroelectric plants and water works) is worth more than € 1 trillion, according to an estimate leading to 2017, represented by the global demand for infrastructures which is expected to grow over the next years in Latin America, Africa, Middle East, USA, Europe, central Asia and Australia.
The objectives of the Business Plan presented by Salini Impregilo on March 20, 2014 are:
- for 2014: 10% growth in revenue, 90% covered by the current portfolio;
- for 2017: (Plan term) € 7 billion in revenue, 60% covered by the current portfolio.
The Group’s governance system is based on international best practice standards, and includes a Corporate Governance Advisory Board which assists the Board of Directors on matters of corporate governance.